Income support

If you're on a low income, check to see if you're entitled to benefits or grants, or get help from Citizens Advice.

Benefits calculator

Turn2us helps people in financial need gain access to government benefits, grants and other financial help.

You can check whether you're entitled to claim benefits on their easy-to-use benefits calculator. You’ll need information about your savings, income, pension, childcare payments and any benefits you already claim.

Visit the Turn2us benefits calculator.


Citizens advice

If you're eligible for government benefits Citizens Advice can help you with the application process.

Go to the Citizens Advice website or call 0800 144 8 444 to get free help to claim universal credit payments and other benefits.

Or call our Customer Services Team on 0300 365 3100 and ask to speak to Rent Assist.

Money advice service

If you're worried about the rising cost of living, speak to an advisor for free at Mental Health and Money Advice. 

Mental Health and Money Advice offer free, straightforward and personal advice to help you manage your money. 

They have budgetting tools, people who will help you claim any benefits you're entitled to and top tips for mananging your money to make it last. 

Grants for older people

If you're an older person on a low income, you have less than £4000 in savings and you're in receipt of state benefits or a pension, the charity Friends of the Elderly has grants to support you. 

You will need a referral from someone like a doctor a social worker to support your grant application.

Visit Friends of the Elderly for more information and to start your application.