Tenant involvement is about tenants playing a role in helping us to improve our standards and performance. Tenants can influence the way that Habinteg delivers housing and related services to help us provide excellent services. We encourage all tenants to participate in tenant involvement and offer a variety of activities.
The purpose of tenant involvement
- Gather feedback from tenants on their experience of using services and their opinion on the quality of the services.
- Enable tenants to influence how those services are delivered by involvement in service reviews and contractor reviews.
- Enable tenants to contribute towards setting standards for service delivery.
How can you get involved?
There are a variety of activities you can participate in. You can choose how, where, and when you get involved. Read more about the activities you can get involved in.
To find out more about the different involvement activities contact:
Customer Engagement Officer
Phone: 0300 365 3100
Getting involved offers lots of rewards
- Playing a part in improving services and value for money.
- Gaining the chance to develop new skills and experience.
- Building better relationships between staff and tenants and greater customer loyalty.
- Making sure you get the service and standards you pay for.
- Becoming better informed about how Habinteg properties are managed.
- Greater community cohesion and well being.
"Being able to gain an insight into how Habinteg works nationwide and sharing different scheme practices makes it worthwhile to represent tenants and give feedback to our local scheme."
Diane Thompson, Tenant Representative, Middlesbrough
We offer support to make getting involved easy, including:
- use of interpreters/signers where required
- providing communications in a range of formats
- assistance with travel costs and out of pocket expenses
- assistance with registered carers costs
- small grants to establish tenants’ associations
- access to stationery and photocopying
- assistance with registered carers.
Training and information will be provided in ways which best meet the needs and aspirations of tenant representatives and scrutiny panel members.