Electrical safety in your home
To ensure the safety of our tenants, all of our properties undergo electrical testing once every five years. Periodic Electrical Testing is essential to ensure that the electrical system in your home is safe and in good working order. Testing will accurately identify faults, which we will fix at the time of the inspection. It’s really important that when our contractor contacts you to carry out an electrical test you make an appointment, and if you need to rearrange your appointment, you contact us to let us know.
In between our tests there are lots of ways to make sure that you are using your electrical appliances safely. For more tips and advice, visit electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk
Electrical safety tips
- Make sure you check the plugs and cables on your appliances and don’t use them if they’re damaged.
- Don’t cover plug sockets or extension cables.
- Make sure the appliance has the correct size fuse.
- Check the maximum voltage of extension cables and don’t overload them.
- Turn your appliances and chargers off at the switch when they aren’t in use.
If any of your plug sockets, light sockets or other fixtures and fittings are damaged, contact Habinteg Direct immediately on 0300 365 3100.