Getting help with your rent

If you are having problems paying your rent please go to your local Community Assistant as soon as possible. They will help you to apply for all the benefits you are entitled to. They will also work out an affordable re-payment plan with you if you are in rent arrears.

For independent help and advice, please contact:

For local contact numbers and addresses for these organisations, please look in your local telephone book, Yellow Pages, on their websites, or ask your local scheme staff.

For advice on entitlement to Housing Benefit, contact your local council’s Housing Benefit department, or ask your local Community Assistant.