Many households can’t function without broadband, so how do you find the best deal for you?
Broadband comparison sites can be extremely helpful in guiding you to the best provider in your area and a package that suits your needs.
Since there are so many choices, it’s a good idea to start with the most popular comparison sites. These are a few that we looked at.
- Moneysupermarket- lets you view and compare prices for all providers in your area, including any discounts/vouchers and extras on offer
- Uswitch- takes you through some questions that help you decide what package and provider best suits your home needs
- Compare the Market- Lists their top deal recommendation and reasons why before you start searching for local providers and packages in your area
- Switcheroo- allows you to compare the best prices and packages against your current provider and connects you to a verified website with the best deal for you
- BroadbandProviders - Will give you results for the best deals and offers of the day in your local area, details of the contract, and total costs for the first year.
Tips to help you choose
While many of us will be looking for the cheapest broadband, others will need a particular speed, a Wi-Fi box, or prioritise customer service. Try putting these factors into priority order before you search. Many sites will allow you to filter the results so you can easily find the best broadband package for your home.
- Price: is the cheapest broadband my priority? Or do I have a maximum I can afford?
- Do I want a package that includes phone services & other extras, such as cable TV?
- Do I need high-speed broadband for Zoom meetings or online gaming?
- How many people will be using broadband/Wi-Fi at the same time?
- Do I care about cable, wireless, satellite, or ASDL broadband connections?
- Which broadband provider has the best customer service care?
- Do I need a free Wi-Fi box?
With these points in mind, you can start searching for your preferred comparison and sign up for the broadband deal that suits your pocket.
One last tip: always be on the lookout for incentives or discounts from other broadband providers at the end of your contract and any annual price increases from your current provider.