Habinteg's two new developments mean more much-needed accessible homes | Latest news

Talk to us 0300 365 3100

Habinteg's two new developments mean more much-needed accessible homes

Habinteg is working on two exciting development projects, one involves a number of small sites across the London Borough of Hounslow and the other is the redevelopment of a former care home in Walsall.

Hounslow homes
We have recently exchanged contracts on land purchased from the London Borough of Hounslow for the development of 94 accessible homes (subject to planning) across a variety of smaller sites.

The homes will be a mixture of flats, bungalows and houses across sites in Feltham, Brentford, Isleworth and Chiswick. Approximately 28% of those properties will be wheelchair accessible.

The sites
The Hounslow project involves 14 small sites made available under the Greater London Authority’s small sites for small builders programme. The project will be delivered in phases, with construction due to start at the first site in the Autumn.

The whole project is likely to take around 24-30 months to complete once construction starts.

Walsall development
Habinteg is also moving ahead with the purchase of former care home Mali Jenkins House in Walsall, West Midlands, by the second quarter of 2021.

The property - which is named after the founder of the Parkinson's disease Society - will be redeveloped into an 18 unit block of flats. Around 25% of the flats will be wheelchair dwellings and the remaining 75% homes will be built to accessible and adaptable standards.

Accessible housing shortage
Head of Development, Matthew Kelly, said: “There’s currently a severe housing shortage for the specialist accessible housing that Habinteg provides, like wheelchair accessible homes, in these areas. Our developments will help to alleviate this. 

“Making use of disused buildings and continuing to deliver much needed accessible housing is a key element of our development aspirations.”

Both the Hounslow and Walsall schemes will offer affordable rents.

Looking forward, Habinteg is in negotiation for a site in south west London for 77 dwellings. More news on this to follow later in the year.

Work for us

A group of Habinteg staff celebrate #ForAccessibleHomes. The staff are holding a banner that says

Working at Habinteg

We believe that mutual commitment and shared responsibility is key. We are an equal opportunities employer and aim to be an employer of choice. Everything we do is underpinned by our four cultural values: Agile, Accountable, Ambitious and Attentive.

We offer a comprehensive and person-centred employment package to our staff. This includes:

  • Flexible approach to working week including full-time, part-time and job-sharing possibilities.
  • Welcoming, accessible work environments including remote working
  • Training and development programme
  • Ethical pension scheme from the Pensions Trust.
  • Life assurance scheme
  • Eye test
  • Cycle scheme
  • Subscription payment

Being open and honest about our performance is an essential part of our culture. This is why we place importance on independent assessment of our organisation as an employer. We are proud to hold a Gold Standard Investors in People accreditation.

We have placed cookies on your computer to help make this website better. By continuing to use our website, you're agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more about cookies

Change cookie settings: