Please find questions that are often asked by our tenants. Choose the relevant category , where you will find a list of common questions. If you do not find the answer you are looking for, please call Habinteg Direct on 0300 365 3100 (call charges vary depending on telephone provider) for further details.

Back to the list

Do I have to declare the rent that I receive from a lodger?

You should declare any income to Her Majesty’s Revenues and Customs department for tax purposes. However, the government operates a scheme called Rent a Room and if the rent you receive is less than £4,250 per year, you do not have to declare it.

  1. Lodgers