Back to the list

Do I need building insurance for my home?

No.  Your home is covered by Habinteg’s own insurance if the structure of the building is damaged by things such as fire or flood. However, the internal decorations and your belongings, including all carpets and floor coverings, are not covered by this insurance. You should insure them against accidental damage, theft or loss. Habinteg will not be able to provide financial assistance to you to compensate for losses in the event you have not taken out adequate insurance cover. 

  1. Home insurance