The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) launched the review of housing standards consultation on 20 August. Respondents have until 22 October to address the content of the consultation and put forward their views.
We are pleased to announce a new date for our Homes for Living Forum which will bring the sector together to discuss how access is addressed in the proposed standard.
Date: Tuesday 17 September
Time: 12noon to 4.30pm
Join us for an in-depth look at the proposed housing standard and its ability to deliver inclusive, cost effective homes both now and for the future. Discussion themes will include:
· overview of the proposed standard
· case for space and what this means for accessibility
· good practice housing strategy in/outside London
· why access matters? – a householder’s perspective
· how housing standards can enable delivery of health and social care services
Confirmed speakers include Richard Harral, Principal Architect for DCLG and Julia Park, Architect and Head of Housing Research at Levitt Bernstein.
Already booked a ticket for this event?
- All tickets booked are valid for the new date.
- If you are now unable to attend, we will be happy for you to nominate a colleague to attend in your place – just let us know.
- If there is no-one from your organisation able to attend we can provide a refund.
Not yet booked a ticket?
Ticket availability is very limited so contact us to enquire about a ticket. We’ll be managing our waiting list closely in the run up to the event.
If you wish to discuss the Forum details with a member of our team please email the events team or call us on 0207 822 8700.
Find out more about the review of housing standards 2013 in our Policy section.