#ForAccessibleHomes is back on 9- 13 September 2019!
We've been running our #ForAccessibleHomes campaign since 2016 and we've been delighted with the impact of the campaign so far.
This year, we’re running a week of action to make a big impression and raise awareness of the lack of accessible homes in the UK.
Just 7% of the housing stock in England has basic access features. We know that too many disabled and older people are living in unsuitable housing, which can impact on their ability to live independently. We know that inclusive, accessible homes are great for everyone, allowing us to use our homes throughout our whole lives as our needs change.
In order to make sure that there are enough accessible homes for everyone who needs them, The Government, local authorities, planners, developers and communities all have their part to play to address the shortage of accessible homes.
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter
- Share why you're #ForAccessibleHomes on twitter and instagram, tagging @Habinteg.
- If you've got a #ForAccessibleHomes story you'd love to share as part of the campaign, email us and let us know.
- Read our most recent research report and share with your networks
- Register for updates using using our contact form
We're #ForAccessibleHomes, are you?
Mr Wheaton is a 52 year old tenant in Leeds. His new accessible home helps him stay connected to his son and the local community.