Thank you to everyone who joined our 2018 week of action and made it a success.
There are more than 13 million disabled people in the UK, and our society is ageing rapidly, yet only 7% of our homes provide even basic accessibility features. Without a local and national commitment to the housing needs of disabled and older people, there is a real danger that new homes are even less likely to be accessible, storing up problems for the people that live in them and placing more strain on public spending over time.
You can still get involved!
Even though our week of action is over, our campaign never sleeps. You can always support #ForAccessibleHomes by:
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter
- Share why you're #ForAccessibleHomes on twitter and instagram, tagging @Habinteg.
- If you've got a #ForAccessibleHomes story you'd love to share as part of the campaign, email us and let us know.
- Read our most recent research report and share with your networks
- We've developed a pledge to help you champion accessible homes in your area, for more information, send us an email.
To see some of our #ForAccessibleHomes activity, visit the blog.
Use the form below if you'd like to receive updates on our campaign activity.