Get financial help if self-isolating or working from home | Covid-19 hub: Coronavirus updates

Talk to us 0300 365 3100

Get financial help if self-isolating or working from home

If you’re on a low income, receiving benefits or self-isolating due to Covid-19, you could be eligible for a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500.

The Test and Trace Support Payment scheme offers a one-off lump sum issued by your local council and is available until 31 January 2021.

You will be eligible for the support payment if you:

  • have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace because you’ve tested positive for Covid-19 or recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
  • are employed or self-employed
  • are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
  • are currently receiving: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.

Read more about the Test and Trace Support Payment and find your local council.

Working from home Claim tax relief

If you’re working from home due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you’re also entitled to claim tax relief for your increased costs like heating and electricity.

You have been entitled to claim £6 a week since 6 April 2020.

This can be done by:

Read more about how to claim your tax relief.

We have placed cookies on your computer to help make this website better. By continuing to use our website, you're agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more about cookies

Change cookie settings: