We’re now back in local tiered restrictions following the end of the second lockdown on 2 December and the Government has announced new ‘Christmas bubbles’ which you can form from 23 to 27 December 2020.
While many of us will not be able to celebrate in the way we normally would, the Government hopes that these new Christmas bubbles will help people spend quality time with friends and family over the festive season.
You can include up to three households in your Christmas bubble for five days during the festive period. You can only be in one Christmas bubble and you can’t change your Christmas bubble during that time.
This means that from 23-27 December, you can:
- travel between tiers and UK nations to meet with your Christmas bubble
- only meet your Christmas bubble in private homes, in your garden, places of worship or public outdoor spaces
- continue to meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside of your home, as long as you follow the rules in the tier where you’ll be meeting, and
- meet someone in a private dwelling who is not part of your household or Christmas bubble.
You can find out more about these new Christmas rules in the government’s new guidance on making a Christmas bubble with friends and family.
Stay safe this Christmas
While the Government has allowed us to see more people over the Christmas period, it’s important that we do this safely to reduce the spread of the virus.
- ensure your indoor space gets as much fresh air as possible
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, and
- follow rules on self-isolation if you develop Covid-19 symptoms or test positive for the virus.
Will tiered restrictions affect my repairs?
No, we are still carrying our repairs service and our contractors are expected to follow all the Government guidance on Covid safety. This includes wearing a mask if they need to enter your home and maintaining social distance from you while they’re working.
All scheduled safety checks will also continue as normal and you will need to allow contractors into your property to carry these out when they are due.
How can I report a repair?
Please report any non-emergency repairs via our online repairs form or if you’re not able to use the form you can call Habinteg Direct on 0300 365 3100.