Internal transfers - One Habinteg property to another Habinteg property

It is possible for existing tenants to request a transfer to another Habinteg property. To be eligible for a transfer you must meet certain requirements and have approval from a housing manager to be accepted onto the waiting list. It is also dependent on availability of homes within your chosen area.  Please use the Property search to find out where we have housing, and if the waiting list is open for your chosen area.

You can apply for a transfer online however it is best to discuss the process and procedure with a customer services assistant, or your scheme based member of staff, before completing the transfer application form. You can call our Customer Services Team on 0300 365 3100 (call charges vary depending on telephone provider), or alternatively email them at 

Internal Housing Transfer application form

Please note: This form opens in a new window. 

Application form for housing transfer


External transfers - Mutual Exchange (transfer to a non Habinteg property)

Click here to go to house exchange websiteHouse Exchange is an online to a register which helps them to find other tenants within another housing association or council property to exchange tenancies with.

If you are interested in this service you must register online via the House Exchange website at